Thursday, September 07, 2006

I work for a very well known UK retailer who shall remain nameless and deal with different levels of stupid on a daily basis from my colleagues and customers. I have decided to share my experiences with the world and ask that the world shares its experiences with me so our suffering is never forgotten.
I believe that only by talking about the problem of abject stupidity can the condition ever be recognised and action taken to exterminate it from the population as a whole, if this seems cruel and unkind to you (and I'm not referring to people having what I know affectionately as a blonde moment- everyones entitled to have momentary lapses), I ask you what kind of person thinks it is rational and intelligent to walk in to a book shop and ask for a book when they don't know the title or the author and do not have a clue what its about, 'but it has a black cover' (please bear in mind people that there are thousands and thousands of books currently in publication with black covers and usually these dumb basteds usually cant tell me if its fiction or non fiction). When I explain to them that unfortunately I need more information due to the reasons stated above, I get accused of being stupid and looked at with disgust.
I will leave it to you to judge who is trying to work with stupid here and would welcome any stories from fellow sufferers out there

No comments: